Saturday, April 5, 2014

Fun list challenge --how many have you read?

A friend recently posted a link on my Facebook page to a list of 100 books:

The BBC Believes You Only Read 6 of These Books…how many have you read?

What?!  Only 6?  I'll bet ya' five dollars I've read more than that…!!

Yes, that was my internal dialogue and yes, I can't help myself when it comes to book lists --especially ones that consist of books that everyone should read!


This list was super fun since you get to scroll through and click on the books (with gorgeous covers…I want them all) and it keeps a tally for you in the upper left corner.  Watching the tally increase brought on an excitement comparable to tax day, when I watch my refund amount grow… Come on, more money!  More money!  I knew I had all these kids for a reason!  Woo-hoo!!


To my dismay, the tally stopped at 25.  After a brief moment of grief (I've only read a quarter of the books on this list?  *sniff sniff*  What kind of book nerd am I?  *sob*) I resolved to do better next time and start reading.


There are quite a few books that I haven't read yet that are sitting on my shelf, staring me down and waiting for me to read them.  So, with a renewed determination, I will tackle them one by one until I have read them all!  (Well, all of them except for one… I just can't read Moby Dick.  I've tried and I've failed many times over... It's just not going to happen.)


So, my goal is 99 books!  I only have 74 to go!  :)


How many have you read?

No comments:

Post a Comment